African Caribbean Heritage Digital Archive Project
The African Caribbean Heritage Digital Archive Project has catalogued, digitised and made available online First Cut Media audio-visual heritage materials collected over the past 30 years.
Key outputs from the project:
- We have produced 36 edited videos with trailers, with support from the North West Film Archive where they are now stored.
- The project has recorded a dozen new oral histories with Windrush generation participants.
- The themes of the archive reflect both the seven principles of African heritage and the topics of the Government’s Race Disparity Audit 2017.
- The project has provided education and training for two youth groups, the Hideaway Youth Project and the Louise DaCocodia Education Trust.
- The project has supported the Windrush Crusade initiative and has collaborated with the People’s History Museum and the National Black Cultural Archives.
The digital outputs are being promoted through local events, search engine optimisation, blog posts and social media channels, enabling much larger online audiences to learn about African Caribbean heritage and culture, promoting intercultural dialogue and understanding.